Acupuncture is a form of traditional Chinese medical practice, it is based on the principle that there are energy pathways known as ‘qi’ throughout the body that influence the underlying organs and structures. Energy from these pathways surface at various body points, identified as acupuncture points. Each of these acupuncture points serve as an access to the deeper circulating pathways within. Extremely fine needles are inserted into those points which stimulate these points and allow activation of the body’s natural healing abilities.
How does it Works?
Several processes have been proposed to scientifically explain acupuncture’s effects. Acupuncture points are thought to stimulate the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) to release the person’s own chemicals. These chemicals either change the experience of pain or release other factors such as hormones to influence the way the body regulates itself. This biochemical change can stimulate the body’s natural healing abilities and promote general well being.
Acupuncture uses fine needles to stimulate the body’s acupoints to treat specific areas of the patient’s body. Acupuncture focuses on improving organ function, alleviating pain and is extremely beneficial for surgery recovery, decreased immunity, chronic pain, cardiovascular problems, gastrointestinal disorders, stress, ageing, muscle conditions and infertility. KindCare Medical Center also offers painless laser Acupuncture as an alternative for patients who are in extreme pain and for children and babies.
Types of Different Acupuncture
- Abdominal Acupuncture
- Acupotomy Acupuncture
- Auriculotherapy (ear acupuncture)
- Blood Letting Acupuncture
- Fire Acupuncture
- Foot Acupuncture
- Palm Acupuncture
- Scalp Acupuncture
- Seven Star Needling
- Spinal Acupuncture
- Tongue Acupuncture & other…
- Head – Reduce the number of monthly migraines
- Nose – Removes seasonal allergies
- Mood – It regulates happy-making neuro-transmitters in your brain
- Throat – Regulates acid secretion & speeding digestion
- Heart – Decrease markers of stress & lower blood pressure
- Immune System – Boost the activity of immune cells that destroy infection
- Sleep – Helping insomnia sufferer sleep better
- Back – Relieve lower back discomfort
- Menopause – Helping regulates body temperature
- Loss Weight